As a business owner or company manager, it important to review your coverage for workers’ compensation insurance to make sure you have the correct coverage. Workers’ compensation insurance helps your workers who are injured at work or have work-related diseases or illnesses.
There are four types of workers’ compensation benefits:
- Income benefits pay a portion of a worker’s lost wages.
- Medical benefits pay for medical care to treat the work injury.
- Burial benefits pay for some funeral expenses.
- Death benefits pay some lost wages to the family of a worker killed on the job.
Your employees can receive benefits based on the type and severity of their injuries, but workers’ comp insurance doesn’t pay for everything. Here are some actions that are not covered:
- intentional or self-inflicted
- result from horseplay or voluntary drug or alcohol intoxication
- result from voluntary participation in off-duty recreational, social, or sports events
- result from “acts of God,” unless the job has a high risk of injury from such acts
- are inflicted by someone else for personal reasons unrelated to employment.
Contact your Ryan Everet Insurance agent at 972-505-3899 or click here to request more information on your workers’ compensation needs and let us find the right policy for your business.